Attending American Concrete Institute (ACI) Spring Convention 2017 in Detroit, MI to receive the prestigious Wason Medal for Most Meritorious Paper.
The Wason Medal for Most Meritorious Paper was founded in 1917 by Leonard C. Wason, Past President of ACI, and has been awarded continually since that date. We are so honored to be the 100th recipients and also the first Indonesian and Taiwanese to receive this award. It is awarded each year to the author or authors of the most meritorious paper published by the Institute such as ACI Structural Journal, ACI Material Journal, ACI Special Publication and Concrete International.
The previous notable recipients include:
- 2012 : Hai H. Dinh, Gustavo J. Parra-Montesinos, James K. Wight
- 2011 : Selçuk Saatci and Frank J. Vecchio
- 2008 : Mete A. Sozen
- 1999 : Hisham H. H. Ibrahim and James G. MacGregor
- 1997 : M. J. Nigel Priestley
- 1991 : Shrinivas B. Bhide and Michael P. Collins
- 1972 : James G. MacGregor, John E. Breen, and Edward O. Pfrang
- 1950 : Chester P. Siess and Nathan M. Newmark
- 1936 : Hardy Cross
I want to dedicate this award to Prof. Dr. Ir. Wiratman Wangsadinata, who passed away last week, for his dedication and devotion to the Nation. As an Engineer, I was so lucky to have met and worked with him. He is also the one who has fully supported me to attend the convention and kept asking me about the event in our last meeting.
I also want to dedicate this to my high school, SMA Taruna Nusantara for always reminding me that we have never been taught to be the best but to do the best instead. I am still and always #proudtobeTarnusian #WeTurstTN