Master of education focus on undergraduate education and refers to the capacity building in the development or application of knowledge or expertise Infrastructure Management of Water Supply and Sanitation. The mission of this study program is to implement the education program, at the graduate level to improve the quality of human resources through the development of science and technology for the prosperity of the nation, especially in the areas of water and sanitation infrastructure. The graduates are expected to reliably manage the problem of sanitation and clean water supply professionally and can combine them with sound environmental management assignment.
A. Body of Knowledge
Master of Environmental Engineering Competence oriented utilization and utilization are as follows:
- Able to develop an analytical review of the policy and research methods and application fields of environmental engineering profession.
- Able to analyze and interpret research data.
- Able to design and develop of complex infrastructure system in the field of Environmental Engineering as a special assessment.
- Able to work with ethical and professional multidisciplinary in establishing a framework of macro-management infrastructure.
Thus, the Body of Knowledge (BoK) of the Master Program in Applied Oriented Infrastructure Management Water Supply and Sanitation is as follows:
- Technology in the field of water and sanitation infrastructure that focuses on local tradition, especially the ability to solve local problems, especially in Indonesia, and also can be extended to solve the problems in developing countries
- The use of good water, landfill garbage and disease transmission lines may be incurred especially in Indonesia and other developing countries.
- Management of water and sanitation in general, understand the problems and weaknesses of infrastructure planning in developing countries, to understand the variety of non-technical factors related to the planning and implementation of water and sanitation systems in developing countries and understand the interrelationships multidisciplinary for solving existing problems.
- Implement operational principle of appropriate technologies related to good water and sanitation, is able to evaluate in detail by considering various criteria related, and were able to mobilize community participation in supporting the development and continuity of operation.
Challenges of Environmental Engineering disciplines including the Infrastructure Management Studies Program Water Supply and Sanitation with reference to various sources and literature as well as discussions with various stakeholders, especially the advisory board of Environmental Engineering ITB, include the following:
- Repair and improvement of water supply systems and sanitation.
- The UN Millennium Development Goal (MDG 2015).
- The need for professionals in the environment in its global infrastructure
C. Accreditation or Curriculum Standard
Reference curriculum that used as a reference and curriculum developed benchmarking based on the results of informal cooperation with the International Institute for Hydraulic and Environmental Engineering (IHE)-Delft, The Netherlands. The similar curriculum programs developed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) also taken into consideration in the preparation of curriculum Water Supply and Sanitation Infrastructure Management. In addition, the curriculum developed considering various inputs from various government and private agencies, for example: taps, Department of Public Works, Local Government, consultants, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), and others obtained through meetings workshops, seminars, both nationally and internationally and training in the field of water and sanitation infrastructure.
An accrediting body that is followed by the Environmental Engineering Program nationally are organized independently by the National Accreditation Board of Higher Education (BAN PT) Indonesia. While internationally, the accreditation body which is used as a reference and reference is the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), based in the United States. Organization profession to be followed is the national Association of Sanitary and Environmental Engineering Indonesia (IATPI) and internationally referenced are the American Association of Environmental Engineers (AAEE).
- Assessment of Academic Senate Bandung Institute of Technology No. 10/SK/ I1-SA/2012, about Dignity Education Institut Teknologi Bandung.
- ITB Rector Decree number 284/SK/I1-A/PP/2012 on Guidelines for curriculum development from 2008 to 2013 Institut Teknologi Bandung.
- Decree of the Minister of National Education number 323/ U / 2000 on Guidelines for Higher Education Curriculum Development and Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes.
- http://www.abet.org site that includes curriculum Environmental Engineering.
E. Educational Objectives and Outcomes Graduates
- Educational Objectives
Interest of education programs Master oriented utilization of Water Supply and Sanitation Infrastructure Management basically refers to the objectives of educational programs master ITB which should have more capabilities than graduate degree program that is inventive in the field of environmental engineering, especially in developing the knowledge, skills and attitudes to foster innovative activities in the society that is based on a strong scientific foundation in the process of higher education, which is based on research. In making such decisions should be graduates of Water Supply and Sanitation Infrastructure Management Magister Program should be able to perform the synthesis as well as the conclusion of a research activity in addition to the depth and breadth of knowledge mastery. Thus, graduates of the master program Mechanical PIAS is expected to be able to:
- Develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes to foster innovative activities in society, which is based on a strong scientific foundation in the process of higher education, which is based on research.
- Improving the ability in the field of water and sanitation infrastructure and develop applied sciences and has acquired educational level above bachelor.
- Outcomes Graduates
Similarly, the master program in Environmental Engineering, according to criteria of ABET student outcomes for PIAS master programs are as follows:
- One year of academic study beyond the baccalaureate level and a demonstration that graduates have an ability to apply for master’s level knowledge in a specialized area of engineering related to the program area.
- Student outcomes are outcomes (a) through (k) in undergraduate degree (see curriculum Degree Program of Environmental Engineering FCEE ITB) and any additional outcomes that may articulated by the program. Therefore, the outcomes must be consistent with the required additional one year of academic study beyond the baccalaureate level and a demonstration that graduates have an ability to apply for master’s level knowledge in a specialized area of engineering related to the program area.
- A master’s level program expected to use measurements that relate to the master’s level curriculum for the applicable outcomes in addition to measurements taken from the parts of the curriculum normally associated with a baccalaureate program (undergraduate program).
F. Curriculum Structure
|1.||IS 5001||Research Methodology||3|
|2.||IS 6102||Project management for water and sanitation infrastructure||2|
|3.||IS 6101||Design and Development of Infrastructure (Studio)||3|
|4.||IS 6099||Seminar & Thesis||6|
|5.||IS 5203||Solid Waste System Planning||3|
|6.||IS 5202||Wastewater System and Treatment||3|
|7.||IS 5201||Water supply system and treatment||3|
|8.||IS 5103||Water Policy and Environmental Economics||3|
|9.||IS 5102||Community Based Development||3|
|10.||IS 5101||Urban Infrastructure Design||3|
|11.||IS 6103||Environmental Infrastructure Based on Spatial Data||2|
|2.||Other Study Program||0|
|Total Credits = 34 Credits|
G. Academic Staff
- Arwin Sabar, Dr, (INP-Toulouse, Perancis), Prof.
- Benno Rahardyan, Dr. (Hokkaido University, Jepang)
- Emenda Sembiring, Dr. (Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand)
- Enri Damanhuri. Dr. (L’Universite de Paris VII-Lyon, Perancis), Prof.
- I Made Wahyu Widyarsana, Dr. (ITB, Indonesia)
- Marisa Handayani, Dr .Ing. (University Karlsruhe, Jerman)
- Mindriany Syafila, Dr. (UMIST, Inggris), Prof.
- Opy Kurniasari, Dr. (ITB, Indonesia)
- Prayatni Suwondo, Dr. Ing. (TU Berlin, Jerman), Prof.
- Qomarudin Helmy, Dr. (ITB, Indonesia)
- Suprihanto Notodarmojo, Ph.D. (Murdoch University, Australia), Prof.
- Tresna Dermawan Kunaefi, Dr. (L’Universite de Paris VII-Lyon, Perancis)
- Tri Padmi Damanhuri, Dr. (L’Universite de Paris VII-Lyon, Perancis)
H. Contact Address
Water Supply and Sanitation Infrastructure Management Master Program,
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Telp. : +62 22 2502647
Fax : +62 22
Website : www.pias.itb.ac.id