Doctoral Program is a linear continuation of Master or Bachelor’s program or an interaction of several disciplines that are formed in accordance with the development of science or the demands and reflect the particular expertise and provide original contributions to the field of knowledge. Doctoral education be implemented only in the development of science that have active research groups as supporting.
Doctoral program are expected to conduct research independently and wisely towards a result that reflects the particular expertise and provide original contributions to the field of knowledge. Additionally, a graduate of the doctoral program must be able to carry out the transfer of knowledge to the scientific community environment. Therefore, the activities undertaken in the education doctoral program include:
- Development and evaluative synthesis capabilities in the field of science, to support the ability to contribute to the development of science.
- Focused on a broad knowledge base, sturdy and sophisticated. Ownership and control of the knowledge base is an absolute prerequisite for program participants.
- Activities lectures and research that leads participants on understanding the state of the art area of research conducted, as well as provide a variety of fundamental concepts in the field of research, as well as provide flexibility insight duly owned by a doctor.
A. Body Of Knowledge
Currently the Environmental Engineering ITB Engineering Science as a discipline more engaged in:
- The provision of good water and proper for the needs of human activity terms of the quality, quantity and continuity.
- Control over the possible spread of diseases and environmental health management, including occupational safety and health (environmental health and safety).
- Efforts to control pollution caused by waste the result of human activity, from the source of pollution to waste it is formed, for example through the approach of clean technologies (pollution prevention), or recycling of waste.
- Technology management and control (management) of wastewater, gas, and solid in-pollutant control efforts as a result of his on the media: soil, water (including marine) and air, including the utilization and development of relevant biotechnology.
- Distribution of waste and discharges that occur, including rainwater, in order not to disturb the environment, and that can be handled well.
- Conservation of water resources that can be extended to natural resources.
- The management of the environment through the efforts of environmental management systems (environment management system).
- Assessment of the negative impacts that may occur due to environmental pollution, including risk assessment approach here as both a health risk assessment and ecological risk assessment.
The challenges of the next 10 years in the field of science in Environmental Engineering with reference to various sources and literature as well as discussions with various stakeholders, especially the advisory board of Environmental Engineering ITB, which includes:
- Sustainability and sustainable development
- Climate change
- UN Millennium Development Goals (water, sanitation and public health)
- Energy and the environment and are no longer energy versus environment
- Food safety and security
C. Accreditation or Curriculum Standards Reference
An accrediting body that is followed by the Environmental Engineering Program nationally are organized independently by the National Accreditation Board of Higher Education (BAN PT) Indonesia. While internationally, the accreditation body which is used as a reference and reference is the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), based in the United States. Professional organizations to be followed is the national Association of Sanitary and Environmental Engineering Indonesia (IATPI) and internationally referenced are the American Association of Environmental Engineers (AAEE).
- Assessment of Academic Senate Bandung Institute of Technology Number 10 / SK / I1-SA / 2012, about Dignity Education of Institut Teknologi Bandung.
- ITB Rector Decree No. 284 / SK / I1-A / PP / 2012 on Guidelines for Curriculum Development from 2008 to 2013 Institut Teknologi Bandung.
- Decree of the Minister of National Education No. 323 / U / 2000 on Guidelines for Higher Education Curriculum Development and Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes.
- http://www.abet.org site that includes curriculum Environmental Engineering.
E. Educational Objectives and Outcomes Graduates
Graduates of the doctoral program is expected to contribute positively in achieving the ideals of society, both in the scientific community and the public of professions, and the general public, both within the national, regional or international between the nations.
- Educational Objectives
The objective of Environmental Engineering Doctoral education program basically refers to the doctoral education program objectives ITB is the coaching process to have the capability:
- Develop the concept of science and technology that are new or original and understand the state of the art from the occupied areas of specificity.
- Having the ability to manage, lead and develop a research program independently.
- Understand the ethics and morality in the development of science and technology.
- Generate scientific works that reflect the specific expertise and provide original contributions to the field of knowledge.
- Have the ability to work in an interdisciplinary approach in the field of expertise.
- Carry out the transfer of knowledge and communicating it to the scientific community in its environment.
- Outcomes Graduates
In accordance with Presidential Decree No. 82 of 2012 on the Indonesian National Qualifications Framework (KKNI), graduates of doctoral programs have qualified at least equivalent to the level of 9, namely:
- Ability to develop knowledge, technology, and or the new art in the field of scientific or professional practice through research, to result in creative work, original, and tested.
- Able to solve problems in science, technology, or art in their field through the approach of inter, multi and trans disciplinary.
- Ability to manage, lead and develop research and development that will benefit science and the benefit of mankind, and is able to receive national and international recognition.
Graduates of Environmental Engineering Doctoral Program is expected to achieve the following abilities after graduating from courses:
- Capable of producing creative work, original and proven through research to approach the development of science and technology in the related fields of environmental engineering.
- Able to develop and apply knowledge and cutting-edge technology in the field of expertise in solving the environmental problems that exist through the implementation of the research independently.
- Able to provide scientific contributions received recognition both nationally and internationally.
F. Curriculum Structures
|1.||TL 7001||Philosophy of Science||2|
|2.||TL 7002||Dissertation Proposal Writing||3|
|3.||TL 7098||Research Methodology||3|
|4.||TL 7099||Preliminary Examination||3|
|5.||TL 8001||Research and Progress Report I||5|
|6.||TL 8002||Research and Progress Report II||5|
|7.||TL 9001||Research and Progress Report III||5|
|8.||TL 9002||Research and Progress Report IV||5|
|9.||TL 9099||Dissertation Examination||3|
|2.||Other Study Program||0|
|TOTAL Credits = 34 Credits|
|1||TL 7003||Reactor Engineering||3|
|2||TL 7004||Environmental Policy||3|
|3||TL 7005||Chemo dynamics||3|
|4||TL 7006||Life Cycle Analysis||3|
G. Academic Staff
- Agus Jatnika Effendi, Ph.D. (University of Wales-Cardiff, Inggris)
- Arwin Sabar, Dr, (INP-Toulouse, Perancis), Prof.
- Barti Setiani M, Dr. (L’Universite de Grenoble I-Grenoble, Perancis)
- Benno Rahardyan, Dr. (Hokkaido University, Jepang)
- Dwina Roosmini, Dr. (ITB, Indonesia)
- Edwan Kardena, Ph.D. (University of Wales-Cardiff, Inggris)
- Enri Damanhuri. Dr. (L’Universite de Paris VII-Lyon,Perancis), Prof.
- Indah Rachmatiah, Ph.D. (University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, Inggris)
- Katharina Oginawati, Dr. (ITB, Indonesia)
- Mindriany Syafila, Dr. (UMIST, Inggris), Prof.
- Prayatni Suwondo, Dr. Ing. (TU Berlin, Jerman), Prof.
- Puji Lestari, Ph.D. (Illinois Institute of Technology, Amerika Serikat)
- Suprihanto Notodarmojo, Ph.D. (Murdoch University, Australia), Prof.
- Tri Padmi Damanhuri, Dr. (L’Universite de Paris VII-Lyon, Perancis)
H. Contact Address
Environmental Engineering Doctoral Program,
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Phone : +62 22 2502647
Fax. : +62 22 2530704
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.tl.itb.ac.id